Mainframes aren’t going away – in fact, a recent Forrester report revealed that 56 percent of infrastructure technology decision makers at North American enterprises say they rely on mainframes to store and process large amounts of data. What’s more, 46 percent actually plan to increase their mainframe use over the next two years.
As organizations become more and more dependent on mainframes to process the trillions of smartphone transactions they see every day, it’s imperative that these organizations are taking adequate steps to secure them.
In a recent webinar, Ray and Forrester Analyst Amy DeMartine shared some recent survey results and tips on how organizations can modernize their mainframe. Ray covered five key subjects he believes are imperative to creating a modern security program:
- Why a mainframe security architect is essential and what their role entails
- The risks of not including excessive access checking in your security processes
- Why separation of functions is so important in maintaining security
- Why scanning application and operating system code should be your number one priority
- The differences between mainframe penetration testing and vulnerability scanning
To learn more, watch the full webinar recording here.
Learn more about mainframe vulnerability scanning and compliance testing using the z/Assure software from Key Resources, Inc. If you’re thinking of modernizing the mainframe, read the full Forrester report for more information about mainframe modernization strategies.