An automated compliance assessment tool that helps enterprises enforce IT security policy
How do you stay on top of the latest security best practices and published industry standards? Key Resources created z/Assure® Compliance Assessment Manager (CAM) to help IT risk officers and compliance managers develop a strong mainframe compliance program that includes security policy baselining and risk-based monitoring of critical z/OS security and configuration parameters.
z/Assure® CAM: A step by step guide to compliance
z/Assure® Compliance Assessment Manager (CAM) is an automated compliance assessment solution. z/Assure® CAM provides security and operations teams with a continuous method for identifying and alerting on instances in which critical operating system configuration parameters and ESM security settings drift from policy. The solution is security policy driven, while allowing you to benchmark your security settings against the current NIST and DISA STIG standards.
- Your first step is to input your companies security policy parameters into z/Assure® CAM. This machine-readable version of your security policy will contain all of the information z/Assure® CAM needs to create a security baseline against current compliance standards.
- We will then extract your current production security and operating system parameter settings into z/Assure® CAM.
- z/Assure® CAM can then provide an ongoing review using the security policy baseline and OS parameter extract baseline.
- Remediation can then be conducted to resolve vulnerabilities.
- Your system will be monitored to ensure all remedies were a success and that no new vulnerabilities arose due to these alterations.
Run your own compliance risk assessments, or turn to the pros
Key Resources provides expert mainframe compliance risk assessment backed by a proven and tested methodology for evaluating CA ACF2®, CA Top Secret® or RACF® environments against current security standards and internal security policies. Our proven process delivers accurate results at lower costs.
We offer three levels of consultation:
- Compliance Analysis Light (CAL)
- Compliance Analysis & Management (CAM)
- Compliance Management – Expert (CAM-Ex)
Frequently asked questions
z/Assure® CAM is an automated configuration based vulnerability assessment solution that assists organizations in passing a Security Readiness Review for a z/OS mainframe environment with RACF, CA Top Secret or CA ACF2 as the Enterprise Security Manager.
See below for common questions about z/Assure® CAM, and click to review our complete FAQ.
Request more information
Contact Key Resources today to try z/Assure® CAM or talk to a team member about our professional compliance risk assessments. We’ll share the knowledge and tools you need to keep your most important IT systems secure.