Benefits of Using z/Assure SMU
There are many benefits to using the SMU to merge your ESM security databases. Here are just a few:
- Significant reduction in manpower; no staff augmentation required during the merge. It will eliminate unused USERIDs and it will allow USERIDs to be renamed in the target database.
- SMU increases data accuracy and the quality of the content of the newly generated database.
- The target security database will be customized to your specifications and SMU will automatically perform database cleanup in the target database.
- Merging of security databases is completed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- It will optionally propagate your existing passwords to the target database.
***Using the Security Conversion Utility and the Security Merge Utility together
A combination of two tools, the Security Conversion Utility (SCU) and the Security Merge Utility (SMU), can be used to convert to a new security package and then convert multiple security databases. The Security Conversion Utility will convert a single security database. The Security Merge Utility can then be used to convert additional security databases into the newly generated security database.