Benefits of Using z/Assure SCU
There are many benefits to using the Security Conversion Utility to convert from one of the current ESM security products to another. Here are just a few:
- Significant reduction in manpower; limited staff augmentation required during the conversion. Database cleanup is automatically performed. The cleanup does not have to be done on the current security database but will be reflected in the target database.
- The Security Conversion Utility provides a proven and tested methodology for converting to or from CA ACF2®, CA Top Secret® or RACF®. The target database structure need not be based on the current security database structure.
- SCU increases data accuracy and the quality of the content of the newly generated security database. We will eliminate unused USERIDs.and allow USERIDs to be renamed in the target security database.
- SCU has a technically elegant solution for password propagation from one security package to another. We will optionally propagate your existing passwords to the targeted security package.
- Easy to read conversion reports.
***Using the Security Conversion Utility and the Security Merge Utility together
A combination of two tools, the Security Conversion Utility (SCU) and the Security Merge Utility (SMU), can be used to convert to a new security package and then convert multiple security databases. The Security Conversion Utility will convert a single security database. SMU can then be used to convert additional security databases into the newly generated security database.