An external audit required that they reduce breach risks by automating mainframe configuration assessments, remediation, and compliance. The CISO ask Key Resources to customize z/Assure® CAM to resolve the findings.
- The 1st audit requirement: identify, classify, and immediately report any z/OS Base Control Program Configuration Setting errors.
- The 2nd audit requirement: enforce compliance using base-lining of the current company security policy against an electronic security policy.
- The security team was overconfident in their ability to maintain the ESM system.
- How to keep a hard copy Security Policy in-sync with an electronic copy.
- Convincing Operations Management as to why a new mainframe IT security solution might make life easier, not harder.
Read the Study
Read the study to find how the team resolved the evidence from from the alerts coming out of z/Assure CAM that the system’s security configuration settings were not following the current security policy guidelines. In order to bring these configuration settings back into compliance immediately members from the risk team, security team and operational change team worked together.
The Security team is looking to add additional parameters to the reporting structure. The next step is to add the CA ACF2® Global System Options, LogonID sensitive attributes, and emergency LogonIDs to the report. One of the next action items on the list is excessive access checking for the z/OS configuration settings.