Key Resources has many years of hands-on experience in developing, implementing, and maintaining mainframe security products. Our IBM z/OS security service is focused on assisting our clients with the creation and/or modification of the security controls required by your enterprise.To augment this or our mainframe security product Conversion and Database Merge services, Key Resources also offers mainframe security product Access Control Redesign and Database Cleanup services.
Mainframe Security Service Review, Recommendation, & Implementation Services:
- A review of the existing environment
- Followed by recommendations on how to implement the desired controls
Security Exit Review Service:
- Evaluation of existing system exit routines and provide solutions as per client requirements.
Source code changes that have been made to maintain a certain level of security will also evaluated. Our consultant will discuss alternative solutions with you to ensure the appropriate level of security and functionality can be maintained or implemented.
In the past, we have reviewed program code written in a multitude of languages including Assembler, COBOL, PL/1, CLIST, and REXX. We will review IBM RACF, CA Top Secret or CA ACF2 API routines, TSO CLISTs, REXX execs, ISPF panels, etc.
Mainframe Security Product Access Control Redesign Service:
- An analysis of your current access/resource rules
- Suggestions for improvement via role-based access rules
- Actual building of the commands needed to implement the suggested changes
Mainframe Security Product Database Cleanup Service:
- The removal of unused profiles, both user and resource profiles
- Unnecessary access-definitions
- Reporting on existing profiles that do not comply with your security policies.