The Security Merge Utility is a database merge product used to assist in the security database merge process for CA ACF2® or IBM® RACF® security product.
The Security Merge Utility (SMU™) provides an efficient and concise method of merging mainframe security product databases.
Benefits of Using the Security Merge Utility Product
- Significant reduction in:
- Data accuracy
- Improved quality of the content of the newly generated database
- The cost of this product is significantly less than that of a consultant
- It can be reused whenever merging databases is required
Key Resources’ Security Merge Utility has been used by many Fortune 500 companies. It quickly and accurately merges multiple security product databases of either CA ACF2 or IBM RACF. A combination of two tools, the Security Conversion Utility and the Security Merge Utility, can be used to convert to a new security package and then merge security databases.
For example, the process for converting four LPARs sharing one security database would be to use SCU for the conversion from one security package to another and create the database, then use SMU to add the other three LPARs to the new database.
Key Resources’ Security Merge Utility has the following features:
- The target security database will be customized to your specifications
- Will optionally propagate your existing passwords to a new security database
- Will automatically perform database cleanup
- Will eliminate unused USERIDs
- Will allow USERIDs to be renamed in the target security database
- Security database cleanup will be done to target database
Need to Convert & Merge?
Using Key Resources Security Conversion Utility with the Security Merge Utility eliminates steps and saves time.
SMU Functional Details
Security Merge Utility automates the merging of two like security product databases. There is no manual intervention in this process. Using this utility ensures that the newly developed databases are accurate while saving on resource and programming efforts.
SMU utilizes a four (4) phase process to merge your security package databases.
- Extract the security data
- Transform the security data
- Manipulate the security data
- Generate the new security data