The Security Conversion Utility provides a proven and tested methodology for converting to or from CA ACF2™, CA Top Secret® or IBM® RACF®.
The Security Conversion Utility (SCU™) delivers an efficient and concise method of converting from one security product to another. Benefits include significant reduction in manpower requirements, accuracy, and the quality of the content of the newly generated security system and database. A combination of two tools, the Security Conversion Utility and the Security Merge Utility (SMU™), can be used to convert to a new security package and then merge security databases. The Security Merge Utility (SMU) will assist in the merge process for CA ACF2 or IBM RACF security product.
The security conversion utility from Key Resources has been used widely and ensures that converting from one ESM to another is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- The Security Conversion Utility will CONVERT a single security database to IBM RACF. The Security Merge Utility can be used to merge additional security databases into the newly generated security database.
- The utility has the capability to generate the new CA-ACF2 Release 14 Roles from the CA ACF2 database.
The Security Conversion Utility Has the Following Features
- Automatic password propagation: will optionally propagate your existing passwords to new security package
- Target database structure is completely customizable and need not be based on current security database structure
- Database cleanup automatically performed
- Database cleanup does not have to be done on current security database but will be reflected in target database
- The target security database will be customized to your specifications
- Will eliminate unused USERIDs
- Will allow USERIDs to be renamed in the target security database
SCU utilizes a four (4) phase process to convert your security package:
- Extract the security data
- Transform the security data
- Manipulate the security data
- Generate the new security data